guix-devel

Re: Personal Introduction

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Personal Introduction
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:50:30 +0100

Hello Charlie,

Charlie Sale <address@hidden> skribis:

> My name is Charlie, and I am interested in joining the Guix
> development community. I was wondering if there are any small tasks or
> projects that I could start with to learn about the project's
> source. I would like to add that I am pretty new to Guile, but I do
> have a base understanding on how Scheme and Lisp work.

A good way to get started is of course to start using Guix(SD), and then
to contribute new packages.  The “Defining Packages” section of the
manual should help get you started, and then people on #guix on IRC and
on the address@hidden mailing list will be happy to help.

Our bug tracker at <https://bugs.gnu.org/guix> has some items explicitly
marked as “easy” (though probably too few of them), which you might
later want to look at.

Welcome, and happy hacking!  :-)

Ludo’.