guix-devel

Re: Building from a local source code checkout

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Building from a local source code checkout
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:19:00 +0100

On 20/12/2017 09:52, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

The name matching condition is my problem with this approach, which is
why I was looking for a way to do specify a local source in the package
definition itself.

I just had the obvious idea of using symlinks to work around the name matching issues, but that idea turned out not to work:

> guix build python-activepapers --with-source=~/Development/python-activepaper guix build: error: lstat: No such file or directory: "~/Development/python-activepapers"

Let's try to be clever and add a slash:

> guix build python-activepapers --with-source=~/Development/python-activepapers/ guix build: warning: transformation 'with-source' had no effect on python-activepapers-0.2.2

Maybe it wants a version number in the source specification? One more symlink, and another try:

> guix build python-activepapers --with-source=~/Development/python-activepapers-0.2.3/ guix build: error: lstat: No such file or directory: "~/Development/python-activepapers-0.2.3/"

Is there a good reason for symlinks not working, or is it just "to be done"? In the latter case, I'd be happy to work on that.

Konrad.