guix-devel

Re: 01/01: gnu: python-pygpgme: Use GnuPG 1 for the test suite.

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: 01/01: gnu: python-pygpgme: Use GnuPG 1 for the test suite.
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 21:04:06 -0500

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 07:11:13PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> > Author: Leo Famulari <address@hidden>
> > Date:   Wed Dec 20 03:20:01 2017 -0500
> >
> >     gnu: gpgme: Build with the latest GnuPG.
> >
> >     * gnu/packages/gnupg.scm (gpgme)[inputs]: Use the latest gnupg package.
> >     [arguments]: Keep a reference to the gnupg package used for build.
>
> Clearly you were aware that python-pygpgme needed adjustment to continue
> building, and I appreciate your attention to detail here, but something
> seems to have gone wrong.  Since these commits, Hydra has failed to
> build python-pygpgme and python2-pygpgme on all hydra-supported systems:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It's a consequence of having configured GPGME with --enable-fixed-path,
which in our case forces GPGME to use the GnuPG executable it was built
with. [0]

I made this change rather late in the development of these patches,
after having tested them more fully.

Since we previously let GPGME find GnuPG in the environment, and that
worked fine, I'll revert that part of the change shortly.

[0] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29781#25