guix-devel

workflow

From: Catonano
Subject: workflow
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 10:37:38 +0100

I am trying to use git worktree, as suggested

I'm tying to update python-magic from 0.4.3 to 0.4.15 in a worktree based branch

The new version builds fine

But in preparing the commit, I find a lot of files that I didn't touch to be changed

$ git status
Sul branch update-tryton
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

    modified:   gnu/packages/python.scm
    modified:   po/guix/cs.po
    modified:   po/guix/da.po
    modified:   po/guix/de.po
    modified:   po/guix/eo.po
    modified:   po/guix/fr.po
    modified:   po/guix/hu.po
    modified:   po/guix/pl.po
    modified:   po/guix/pt_BR.po
    modified:   po/guix/sr.po
    modified:   po/guix/vi.po
    modified:   po/guix/zh_CN.po
    modified:   po/packages/da.po
    modified:   po/packages/de.po
    modified:   po/packages/eo.po
    modified:   po/packages/fr.po
    modified:   po/packages/hu.po
    modified:   po/packages/pl.po
    modified:   po/packages/pt_BR.po
    modified:   po/packages/sr.po
    modified:   po/packages/vi.po

I only edited the first one, gnu/packages/python.scm

I didn't remember this to happen before testing git worktree
Right ?

What are these po/* files ?