guix-devel

Re: workflow

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: workflow
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 14:17:13 -0800

ng0 <address@hidden> writes:

> You can stash those po/* files, it's the first thing I do if I ever
> happen to work on a complete new checkout.

Do you stash JUST the po files?  I have often found these po files very
annoying while trying to make changes to Guix and test locally.  I think
that if I do "git stash" and later "git stash pop", it updates the
timestamps of many files, so "make" rebuilds many, many things that it
really doesn't have to.

Beyond doing "git checkout po" are there any other ways to deal with
these po files that won't negate make's incremental build feature?

--
Chris