guix-devel

Re: Meltdown / Spectre

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Meltdown / Spectre
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 16:29:49 -0500

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> I just followed this up with a Spectre mitigation for WebKitGTK+
> backported from upstream WebKit:
>

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=56804398a94bea941183ae4ed29d2a9f82069a6f

FYI, adding a patch to 'webkitgtk' seems to have greatly exacerbated an
existing race condition in webkitgtk's build system, presumably due to
the zeroing of time stamps in the repacked tarball.  I believe that
*any* patch would have had this effect.  I filed the following bug to
track this issue:

  https://bugs.gnu.org/30015

      Mark