guix-devel

Does Guix publish work with mDNS?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Does Guix publish work with mDNS?
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 23:00:22 -0800

Hi,

I could have sworn that Guix publish worked over mDNS, but I can't find
any emails or manual sections to confirm this.  Am I mistaken?

By "Guix publish works over mDNS," I mean that if I publish substitutes
on one machine in my network, then other machines on my network will
discover the publishing endpoint via mDNS and use it transparently like
any other substitute server (assuming that my network is configured to
allow mDNS to operate normally).

Perhaps I only dreamed it?

--
Chris