guix-devel

Ideas for Summer of Code 2018 anyone?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Ideas for Summer of Code 2018 anyone?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:42:16 +0100

Hello Guix!

It’s time to prepare for GSoC again!

We need to collect ideas, presumably based on
<https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2017>, in a new
“GSoC-2018” page on that wiki.

Let’s add new ideas to
<https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2018>!

Does someone want to take care of coordinating with Giuseppe Scrivano
and others at address@hidden  (Essentially sending them the URL
of the idea list and monitoring the list.)

Ludo’.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018 Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 11:06:53 +0100 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/25.3 (gnu/linux)
Hi!

Google is accepting applications for the next Summer of Code and as
usual we are going to apply for it. José, Darshit and myself are going
to manage the presence of GNU.

We should start thinking about a list of ideas for the next Summer of
Code and potential mentors.

This is the list of ideas we had last year:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2017.html

Is there anything left undone that can be reused this year?

Please start sending ideas to add to the page and link them to the
potential mentors that can help with it.

Please send the html snippet for the ideas page, something like:

<h3 id="foo"><a href="http://www.gnu.org/software/foo";;>GNU FOO</a></h3>

  webpage: <a
href="http://foo.org/wanted.html";;>http://foo.org/wanted.html</a>.

so that it can be embedded in the page as it is.

Regards,
Giuseppe

--- End Message ---