guix-devel

Re: website: say what Guix is at the very top

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Re: website: say what Guix is at the very top
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 17:24:34 +0300

Hello,

address@hidden writes:

[...]

>> (I’m not as sure about these proposed individual changes as I am about
>> the proposal to separate the pages for Guix and GuixSD.)
>
> ISTM this difficulty in splitting the content across two pages is a
> reason to consider again how to unify the presentation of Guix/GuixSD.

Nix folks have a talk about splitted web pages for Nix package manager,
NixOS, Nix Expression Language.  They don't like it much, because when a
new person come to Nix, he cannot find a documentation for Nix
Expression language, because it's not clear that you need to go to the
separate page <https://nixos.org/nix/manual/> and not for example
<https://nixos.org/nixpkgs/manual/>.

Again while I'm writing current message, I cannot find their NixOS
installation page manual.  :-) It's under support if you want to get
there with a mouse.  <https://nixos.org/nixos/manual/>

Oleg.