guix-devel

Ruby on Rails (web-application framework) (and the wip-rails branch)

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Ruby on Rails (web-application framework) (and the wip-rails branch)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 19:50:53 +0000

Hey,

So I had a go at rebasing and using the wip-rails [1] branch recently,
and I was very successful. One minor conflict needed resolving, a few
extra packages, a few update and a few disabled test suites [2] and I
was able to start a Rails app from scratch.

1: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=wip-rails
2: http://git.cbaines.net/guix/commit/?id=wip-rails

I think it would be good to see these packages in the master branch, and
would be up for trying to help towards this. Ben, do you have any
thoughts on the wip-rails branch?

One way of working on this would be to get commits in that branch ready
to merge, either by just checking over the commits adding a single
package, or pulling a package out of the big commit at the head of the
branch [3]. Then once commits are ready, merge them in to master, and
rebase the branch.

3:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=wip-rails&id=9a46eda7ee40f305692c4af8880eec4efc61102d

Does anyone have any recommendations of methodologies to follow, or want
to volunteer time to prepare and review commits?

Thanks, and thanks Ben for getting this far!

Chris