guix-devel

FOSDEM 2018 and announcing a GNU Guix/Guile day! After getting home...

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: FOSDEM 2018 and announcing a GNU Guix/Guile day! After getting home...
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 23:39:09 +0100

Hi everyone.

This was huge. We had an amazing day with ~25 GNU Guix contributors
and the father and project leaders of Nix, and it blew me away how
much Guix has progressed in the last year and what interesting
discussions that led to.

I think the next phase we are moving beyond a 'standard' package
manager with optimized builds, channels, workflows, provision and
orchestration.  All logical next steps because Guix is such a solid
foundation :).

FOSDEM was great too. It was busier than ever, but the crowd appears
to be increasingly experienced too. In other words the FOSS community
appears to be growing and feels very very solid!

I thank everyone for joining, especially when you realise how much
most of us had to travel. I, for one, feel very inspired!

Pj.