guix-devel

Re: Call for project proposals: Guix and Outreachy

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Call for project proposals: Guix and Outreachy
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 11:57:21 +0100

Hello Gábor,

quite a list of interesting ideas!

On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 08:51:10AM +0100, Gábor Boskovits wrote:
> 10. provide user interface to our build farm where we could request building a
> specific package.

This is one specific feature, but could be framed into a more general
project of creating a web frontend to cuirass, with a number of subtasks
(one thing that we use a lot on hydra: with one click, restart the build
of all packages that failed previously).

As in Ricardo's suggestion, this would appeal to diverse competences,
in guile, javascript, databases and interface design. So I think something
interesting and useful would certainly come out of it.

Andreas