guix-devel

Re: Haunt patches

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Haunt patches
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:39:49 +0100

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 02:18:13PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Heya,
>
> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > I wrote patches that introduce page variants for translations.  I will
> > send them right after this mail.  If there are interested guix-devel
> > readers, they can find them at
> >
> > https://pelzflorian.de/git/haunt/commit/?id=ac3e93fe35363fd0066cf93b969c95c0fde7a25a
> > https://pelzflorian.de/git/haunt/commit/?id=ca32925a58c8ec526653aff9825be2359bf358c3
> > https://pelzflorian.de/git/haunt/commit/?id=34f6b56bfe3a3059ced4be5e9b768a6a3a93c671
> >
> > A site can have a list of variants such as various languages,
> > e.g. '("de" "en").
>
> Nice, looks like a great starting point!

:)

> This does not address i18n in itself, right?  Do you have examples of an
> i18n’d web site using this Haunt branch + gettext?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Ludo’.

My Website uses it:

https://pelzflorian.de/git/pelzfloriande-website/

I use xgettext, msginit, msgmerge and msgfmt tools from Gettext to
create the PO files.  I now added a NOTES file on how to do so.

I use the po files with my haunt.scm’s translate-msg function and _
and __ macros.

Regards,
Florian