guix-devel

Guix orchestration notes

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Guix orchestration notes
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 05:37:00 +0100

Hi,

At FOSDEM, some of us discussed "orchestration", which means something
like "how to deploy services to more than 1 machine in a coordinated
fashion".  Many people contributed to the discussion.  I took notes.
I've thought about this more, reviewed the "wip-deploy" branch, and
written up my thoughts in the attached file.

It's a rough sketch of ideas, biased with my own opinions and
experience, but I think it's good enough to share.  I invite you to
improve upon it: share your own thoughts, hack some code together, and
just iterate on this a bit, so we can make some progress.

Hopefully, we can agree on a basic design and get a working proof of
concept.  Then we can make a blog post about it!

--
Chris