guix-devel

Re: broken references in jar manifests

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: broken references in jar manifests
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 20:52:03 +0100

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> writes:

>> An alternative to recording full references in the manifest file is to
>> install a “lib” directory that contains symlinks to dependencies.  The
>> manifest can then contain relative paths to these symlinks.
>>

> I guess I would prefer to do this instead.

The thing is that this requires extra patching for packages that build
their own manifest.  Maybe we can detect this in the ant-build-system
and take care of this automatically?

>> That’s what I did in the package definition for dropseq-tools.
>>

> Unfortunately I cannot find this package. Where should I look for it?

It’s fresh!  It should have arrived in the guix-patches list archives by
now.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net