guix-devel

Re: Outreachy'18

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Outreachy'18
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 22:00:22 +0100

Hi Reshu,

> I am trying to install GUIX for ubuntu using sh script. I have named the
> script "guix-install.sh".I created the sh file in nano and ran using bash
> guix-install.sh Encountering an error "guix-install.sh: line 249:
> /home/reshu/.guix-profile/etc/profile: No such file or directory".

You need to run the script as the root user.  It seems to not like to
run with sudo, so you would need to do “sudo su -” first to switch to
the root account.

(I’m not sure if the root account is usable on Ubuntu.)

Yes, the root account is usable on Ubunt, but I did not try the script yet.

If the script doesn’t work for you, I’m afraid you’d have to follow the
installation steps manually.  As Konrad explained, the procedure is
described in the manual at

      https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Binary-Installation

The script merely tries to automate these steps.

Sorry for the bumpy ride!

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net