guix-devel

Re: torbrowser

From: ng0
Subject: Re: torbrowser
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:11:55 +0000

Catonano transcribed 2.4K bytes:
> >:
>
> > ng0 writes:
> >
> > > The maintainer of the ebuild for Gentoo in the torbrowser-overlay
> > > just gave me the last missing pieces of information for building
> > torbrowser.
> > > Recent commit message subjects in the upstream torbrowser repository
> > > make me assume there will be no issues for integration into Guix master.
> > > As long as the final build ressembles what I have talked about with them
> > > we can even name it torbrowser and have the official design.
> > >
> > > I hope to be done with this by summer, but you never know with browser.
> > > But it's just a Firefox ESR deriv., so (ideally) it should just be a
> > matter
> > > of 1 or 2 weekends.

Correction: Never underestimate web browser debugging. It's been a couple of
hours
only so far though. Devil is in the details, but I'm making progress.

> > This is great, ng0!  Thank you! :)
> >

> I want to express my gratitude too
>
> I cold even try to build your thing if I knew where it is ;-)

Torbrowser? The package definition is on my harddrive, so nowhere
to be found for now.
--
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
https://n0.is/~ng0