guix-devel

Re: how to get the path of the logfile after an unsuccesful build?

From: ng0
Subject: Re: how to get the path of the logfile after an unsuccesful build?
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 14:06:51 +0000

Ricardo Wurmus transcribed 358 bytes:

> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > did we ever talk about that there's too little information on how to get
> > the current log file of a failed build? I need this right now (the full log)
> > and I can't remember how, and making use of the log folder in var/log/guix/
> > won't
> > help either.
>
> The daemon doesn’t keep logs for failed builds.
>
> --
> Ricardo

So how are we supposed to figure out failures then that happen outside of the
length of
the terminal scrollback? Of course I could run it in tmux, but having log files
share of the failed build comes in handy when debugging builds with
upstream/downstream
projects.

--
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
https://n0.is/~ng0