guix-devel

Re: how to get the path of the logfile after an unsuccesful build?

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: how to get the path of the logfile after an unsuccesful build?
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 07:46:52 +0100

Hi,

did we ever talk about that there's too little information on how to get
the current log file of a failed build? I need this right now (the full log)
and I can't remember how, and making use of the log folder in var/log/guix/ won't
help either.

last time I needed to see a build log, I think it was the "-K" option passed to guix build

If the build fails, you'll see a line at the end, in the terminal, reminding you that the build log is reachable at a certain location

Look, there's a manual page about that !

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Debugging-Build-Failures.html#Debugging-Build-Failures

Are we talking about the same thing ?