guix-devel

Re: hardening

From: ng0
Subject: Re: hardening
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 14:36:37 +0000

Ricardo Wurmus transcribed 486 bytes:

> >> How does this differ from "-O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE" in CFLAGS?
> >> I know O2 is optimization and that FORTIFY_SOURCE requires optimization
> >> to be specified.
> >
> > Okay, I've read some related commits and bug tickets, I understand
> > the difference now.
>
> Please share.  Otherwise this comment isn’t really helpful for this
> discussion.

Well there's the Debian wiki: https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening
and https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=643632 as well
as the gcc Manual about it. Debian uses -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE -O1.
My use of -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE in CFLAGS was not correct.

--
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
https://n0.is