guix-devel

Re: PYTHONPATH issue explanation

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: PYTHONPATH issue explanation
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 23:53:15 +0100

Am 17.03.2018 um 11:07 schrieb Ricardo Wurmus:

- sys.prefix and sys.exec_prefix would still point to the store, not to
  the profile.  This might break Python appications expecting
  site-packages to be below sys.prefix.
Is this an actual problem?  Do you know of applications that make this
assumption?  If so, is this unfixable?

I'm not aware of any actual problem.

I’m not too hopeful about this variant, but I’m rather ignorant about
venvs.  My main concern is about whether it will still be possible for
users to create venvs from a subset of their installed packages when we
generate a pyvenv.cfg by default.

venvs never contain a "subset of installed packages". They either include all system site-packages or none of them.

But as I've already written, generating a pyvenv.cfg for this case will not work as we need it.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |