guix-devel

wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package

From: ng0
Subject: wrapping up the Newmoon Browser package
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 13:47:37 +0000

Hi!

I need some final input on topics I'm more liberal about.
Many many moons ago I started the work on Pale Moon. This
package has now moved into New Moon, which is what we are
allowed to redistribute with modifications (Pale Moon without
branding).

Issue 1 I addressed so far: The default homepage (after first
start and in general default) called a website which is questionable
in my opion: https://palemoon.start.me

I have patched the default home page to be gnu.org and gnu.org/s/guix

Next, can I keep the default bookmarks? They are:
- https://www.palemoon.org
- http://forum.palemoon.org/index.php
- https://www.palemoon.org/faq.shtml
- https://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml

Finally, about:addons let's you install Addons from 2 repositories:
Pale Moon Add-ons Site and Mozilla Add-ons Site.
"Search all add-ons" queries the 2 repositories and lets you install
add-ons from the repositories.

In an ideal world, I would have figured out the integration for
plugins in the gnu-store by now. But I'm still testing, so:

How do I treat the addons page and functionality?
--
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
https://n0.is