guix-devel

Re: pypi import certs issues

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: pypi import certs issues
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 21:27:55 -0400

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> ng0 <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Continuing thought: Why is ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/certs/
>>> empty? I assume it is just for user-space (space=profile in my
>>> line of thought here) certificates which are not global?
>
> Yes, that's right.
>
>> Which of the packages in your profile provides this directory?  What
>> does “readlink” tell you?
>
> The directory is created by the 'ca-certificate-bundle' profile hook in
> (guix profiles), whose purpose is to create a single-file certificate
> bundle in ../etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt containing all of the
> certs from all of the certificate packages included in the profile.

Hmm, although it looks like that profile hook shouldn't ever create the
etc/ssl/crts directory without also creating the ca-certificates.crt
file within it.  In this case I guess some other package must have
created that directory, so I'm also curious to see the output of the
following commands:

  readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc
  readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl
  readlink ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/certs