guix-devel

New ‘guix pull’ dosen’t update the guix manual in GuixSD

From: 宋文武
Subject: New ‘guix pull’ dosen’t update the guix manual in GuixSD
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 22:25:21 +0800

> Hello Guix!
>
> For those who haven’t been following along on
> <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22629#35>, I have just
> pushed a new ‘guix pull’.
>
> To summarize, ~/.config/guix/latest no longer exists.  Instead
> ~/.config/guix/current is populated with a complete Guix (without
> ‘guix-daemon’ though), including an up-to-date manual and so on.
> ~/.config/guix/current is a regular profile, meaning that you can
> roll-back to a previously-pulled Guix and so on.

Great!

After run ‘guix pull’ twice, I have got ‘~/.config/guix/current’, then
use it to do a system reconfigure for ‘/etc/profile’.

But the guix manual doesn’t got updated, my ‘INFOPATH’ contains:

- /home/iyzsong/.guix-profile/share/info
- /run/current-system/profile/share/info
- /home/iyzsong/.config/guix/current/share/info
- /home/iyzsong/.guix-profile/share/info
- /run/current-system/profile/share/info

The last there are from the ‘export’ statement of ‘/etc/profile’, the
first two are added by ‘source’ the profiles.  Since there is a guix in
the system profile contains the old info manual, the current one won’t
be picked.

I think we should make ‘INFOPATH’ a search path of the ‘current’ guix
profile, so that it overrides previous ones.