guix-devel

Re: Fwd: Re: Patch file for colorize module

From: Sahitihi
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Patch file for colorize module
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 23:38:55 +0530

Hi Ricardo,

When I used "(colorize-string "hello" '(GREEN))" in REPL that gave me a
error unbound variable colorize-string

When i used the same in attached file this gave me a colorless output

However when I tried with "(colorize-string "hello" 'GREEN)" in same
file this gave me colored output but in REPL still a unbound-variable.

So, I tried changing "(GREEN)" to "GREEN" in ui.scm but resulted with a
colorless output.

> I found the error already, but I’m sure you can too.  Here’s a hint:
> play around with “(colorize-string "hello" '(GREEN))”.  Does this look
> right?  If not, why is that?  Look closely at the definition of
> “colorize-string”.  What arguments does it expect?  How are arguments
> bound to variables?  How many arguments does “colorize-string” accept?
> Are you really sure about that…?
Attached file contains the details can you please review it once.

---
Thanks!
Sahithi