guix-devel

Re: Improving the README and new user experience

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: Improving the README and new user experience
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 10:24:47 +0200

>>  Also the editors included in the image are crap because they lack two
>> important features: 1) keeping track of the damn paranteses and 2) comment
>> and uncomment region.
>Yes. nano is crap. vi has paren matching, but doest keep tack of them .
>Editing lispy code with tracking of parens is not a pleasure.

Nano has paren matching (Alt-]) and commenting out (Alt-3).  It allows you to
select text with cursor keys, then shift-cursor keys.

It might make sense to patch the nano status line to mention that, though.

I agree that otherwise it leaves something to be desired - but it can be used
for editing lisp source code just fine.