guix-devel

Re: gnumaint changes

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: gnumaint changes
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 21:40:19 -0400

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 08:23:45 +0000, Nils Gillmann wrote:
> could someone verify (I have an old checkout) that guix/gnu-maintenance.scm
> still works?
> gnupackages.txt is dead in gnu.org womb CVS.

I'll have to look at what guix/gnu-maintenance.scm does, but:

A couple years back, Brandon Invergo started migrating from
gnupackages.txt to a new recutils format (rec/gnupackages.rec).  This
unfortunately required us to maintain two separate files.

Rather than get rid of gnupackages.txt completely, I wrote a script last
week to generate it from rec/gnupackages.rec.  The formats are largely
the same---it's possible that you can use the recfile directly.
However, if you still need the old format, just run
`make gnupackages.txt`.

Lmk if that works for you.  In the future, if you have problems with
gnumaint in womb, please email address@hidden; this message just
happened to catch my eye.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer