guix-devel

Re: hpcguix-web, channels, and inferiors

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: hpcguix-web, channels, and inferiors
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 13:36:00 +0200

>> Yes I agree.  I wonder though: is there a way to know if a specific
>> derivation is a package?
>
> In general no.  Of course one could play trick to try and guess whether
> it corresponds to a package, but that should be avoided IMO.

I wonder if we should work towards specifying a type for derivations.
This could be useful for the user interface to be able to clearly
distinguish grafts from full package builds.

Currently, there’s no way to tell if the derivations listed under “These
derivations will be built” are expensive package builds or just simple
graft derivations.

--
Ricardo