guix-devel

Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Promoting the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines?
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 05:14:30 -0400

HiPhish <address@hidden> writes:

> I am really trying to understand the other side here, so please help me out
> on
> this one. Let's say you have two people for the sake of simplicity, we can
> call them Alice and Bob. Alice and Bob hate each other's guts, Alice is
> unwilling to work on the team if Bob stays on the team, but Bob is willing to
> work on the team regardless of Alice. Furthermore, Bob has already worthwhile
> contributions under his belt, whereas Alice has done nothing yet, but she
> might if Bob were to be remove.
>
> And your choice would be to remove Bob from the team. Am I correct so far?

Based on what you've written above, certainly not.  I see no mention of
any CoC violations by Bob in this hypothetical scenario, so I'm not sure
why you think the CoC would apply here.

Do you see anything in our CoC to suggest that Bob should be ejected
from Guix simply because Alice hates Bob?  If so, can you point out the
relevant excerpts?

       Mark