guix-devel

Re: [Feature idea] Adding wikidata, wikipedia & screenshot-url fields to

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: [Feature idea] Adding wikidata, wikipedia & screenshot-url fields to package-recipes
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2018 08:53:31 +0100

Il giorno ven 2 nov 2018 alle ore 00:20 swedebugia <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Hi Amirouche

On 2018-11-01 14:37, Amirouche Boubekki wrote:

Implementation:

It could be implemented by adding the fields to package-objects.
nitpick, those are records in guile scheme.
Did you mean to correct my use of "object" here?
Your are right about that.

Scheme Syntax: define-record-type type
(constructor fieldname …)
predicate
(fieldname accessor [modifier]) …

I finally begin to understand all these words an Scheme-ways of doing things.

Have I understood correctly that we have at least 1 nested record types in guix? E.g. the package record contains an origin record and a lot of other fields.

yes, that's correct