guix-devel

Re: Trying to make texinfo patch

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Trying to make texinfo patch
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 09:24:17 +0100

Hello Laura,

Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018.
nov. 5., H, 2:35):

> Hi!
> I am writing a new thread so that it does not end up messy.
> Yesterday and today I've been reading and adding @cindex to guix.texi  to
> make a new patch. I know that you don't mind that much about the number of
> contributions, but it was for myself mostly, to learn texinfo and to see how
> it applies to documentation.
> I just added a few @cindex at the very beginning of the guix.texi file, to
> see if it is OK. But had some trouble with makeinfo, I was getting this kind
> of errors: https://paste.debian.net/1050349/.
> Regards!
> Laura

Building the manual is a more sophisticated process, the first error
you see is because the manual is not composed of only one file, and
some files seem to be missing.
I don't know if we currently have a top level Makefile target to build
the manual only, but simply make-ing in the source tree rebuilds the
manual. I believe that is the simplest
way to test changes.

Best regards,
g_bor