guix-devel

Re: ENQUIRY ON ASSISTANCE ON CONTRIBUTION URL

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: ENQUIRY ON ASSISTANCE ON CONTRIBUTION URL
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 18:19:53 +0100

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 14:38:58 +0300
Essy Muthoni Mwangi <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
> I need help on how to submit my contribution specifically what to
> write on the Contribution URL on the " Create user video
> documentation for GNU Guix" i made a video on GuixSD installation .
>
> Kindly advise soon,
> Essy Muthoni

Hello Essy,

we were a bit surprised to see a new face in this Outreachy round as
the application period ends tomorrow, to be specific at:

 Application deadline: Nov. 6, 2018 4pm UTC

The idea of the contribution was to install Guix, get familiar with it
and add a new package that is not yet part of Guix (importing one from
CRAN is generally considered easy). Creating a video documentation
should only be part of the internship and should follow the discussions
we head in this thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-10/msg00500.html

Would you like to give it a try?

If you have any further questions, please also put the
devel-mailinglist at least on CC, so other community members can
quickly answer.

Björn