guix-devel

Re: Packaging gx (for IPFS): Need to update default Go to 1.11?

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Packaging gx (for IPFS): Need to update default Go to 1.11?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 21:48:50 +0100

> Yes, we should, but that problem is not related to packages not building
> with Go 1.11 because they need to be updated upstream, right? Even if
> our go-build-system was updated, those packages would still need to be
> built with Go 1.9? Or did I misunderstand?

In my patchset, there are 2 kinds of fixes:

- Disabling tests because Go 1.11 test policies are stricter and some lax code
  from before does not pass anymore.
  For this issue, upstream should fix their packages.  As far as we are
  concerned, disabling tests is enough.  The go-build-system has nothing to do
  with this issue.

- Manual forwarding of compilation flags (e.g. "-tags").  This is an issue with
  our go-build-system which cannot re-use existing "pkg" objects on Go 1.11.
  Upstream code is fine.

So yes, fixing go-build-system is related to packages not building with
Go 1.11 :p

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/