guix-devel

more space on berlin.guixsd.org

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: more space on berlin.guixsd.org
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 20:11:36 +0100

Hey Guix,

today we finally succeeded in attaching an external storage array to the
server known as berlin.guixsd.org.  I relocated the /gnu/store directory
from the local 1TB disk to the external storage.  The result is that we
now have 36TB of free space on /gnu.

This means that we can keep more binaries and source archives for
longer.  The storage array is redundant and is equipped with two hot
spares, so we don’t need to fear for /gnu/store to suddenly become
unavailable due to disk failure.

--
Ricardo