guix-devel

Re: 01/03: llvm: Build with RTTI by default.

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: 01/03: llvm: Build with RTTI by default.
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 14:59:14 +0100

Hi Mark,
Hi Eric,

it might be a spurious failure, see
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/43402 .

> I would suggest simply reverting both of these commits for now, and
> building this change out on another branch, possibly 'core-updates'.

I think that quite a few big important packages depend on LLVM and also suggest
to do it on another branch until it has successfully built them there, then
merge it.

FWIW, I agree that we should eventually have sane defaults in LLVM
(RTTI enabled is pretty much required since all major languages including
even C++ want to support it).