guix-devel

Re: Packaging Arcan

From: L p R n d n
Subject: Re: Packaging Arcan
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 16:49:40 +0100

Hello,

Thank you for the help.
I decided to package appls on their own as they are not part of Arcan
itself and can be written by anyone.
My plan, if I understood correctly, is to copy appls file to
'%out/share/arcan/appl' as the folder already exists in Arcan package so
that everything is "merged" in a single folder in the user profile.
I first thought that setting a search-path in the Arcan package would
then let the user deal with the rest. (Are search-paths honored
automatically under GuixSD?)

But after installing Arcan, 'guix package --search-paths'
doesn't output anything related to the variable I set. I don't have any
hint telling me to set it myself during installation.
Am I misunderstanding something about search-paths?

Here is the piece of code I added to the Arcan definition:
    (search-paths
    '((search-path-specification
       (variable "ARCAN_APPLBASEPATH")
       (files '("share/arcan/appl")))))

Last question here, in a specific appl (Durden), there a little shell
script which set some variables/folders and start arcan. Is it ok to put
it in "%outbin"?

Lprndn