guix-devel

Re: 02/03: installer: partionment: Add encryption support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: 02/03: installer: partionment: Add encryption support.
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 23:47:14 +0900

Hey!

> Woow, really cool!

Thanks for all the kind words ;)

> Nitpicking on words: s/partitionment/partitioning/,
> s/crypted/encrypted/, s/path/file name/ (this one is just a GNU
> convention.)

Ok I'll do a massive renaming.

> Really awesome to have a UI to deal with this.  I didn’t expect it to
> land this quickly, thumbs up!

Best to strike while the iron is hot! However, this encryption part is
still not completely stable, in particular during umounting/closing. I
sent a mail earlier today about that.

I also plan to add a new partitioning scheme: "Use the largest
continuous free space". This way, we will have the same partitioning
schemes as debian installer (which I find quite handy).

Thanks for the feedback!

Mathieu