guix-devel

Re: Installer and luks support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Installer and luks support.
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 23:11:26 +0900

Hi,

> Good point.  Perhaps a simple hack would be to detect that /mnt is
> already an overlayfs mount and in that case skip the “herd start
> cow-store /mnt” step?  Would that be enough?

Nope sadly, it won't work because keeping the overlayfs prevent
from closing the luks mapping which will conflict with an eventual
different partitioning.

So unless I'm wrong, that leaves two options:

1. Find a way to close/umount everything but that sounds complex.
2. Like evoked with Gábor, allow the user to resume the installer but
remove the partitioning step and the other steps that will conflict with
this intermediate, wobbly state.

Uppon consideration, I'm not fond of option 2. The ideal would really
be to find a way to umount the overlay, close the luks mapping and allow
the user to resume the installer from anywhere.

Mathieu