guix-devel

Re: guile-parser-combinators as new dependency to guix import quicklisp

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guile-parser-combinators as new dependency to guix import quicklisp
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 15:54:29 +0100

Hello,

swedebugia <address@hidden> skribis:

> This morning I began to write a quicklisp importer using Daves
> guile-parser-combinators [1] to create a parser for the
> space-separated-csv files.

In general we have to think twice before adding new dependencies to
Guix.  To parse CSV files, I think you can probably do using the string
utilities already available in Guile; that would avoid adding a new
dependency.

WDYT?

(That said I agree that Dave’s parser combinators are nice, perhaps time
to add a package for them?  :-))

Thanks,
Ludo’.