guix-devel

Re: Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Internet Archive APIs useful as fallback?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 05:42:17 +0100

On 2018-12-20 04:00, bill-auger wrote:

snip

namely, the Wayback Machine only caches web pages, it does so in a
semi-automated fashion, carries no metadata, and does not download any
external assets (such as images and tarballs or any external HTML in
frames) unless they are defined explicitly in the HTML of the base web
page (such as data-uri images and other blobs)

This is no longer the case. I found that it most of the times archives blobs too.

As an aside, if we need it (and we do/did in the case of bzip2) we could consider helping them raise funds (they have their yearly fundraiser going now)

--
Cheers Swedebugia