gutopia-dev

[rgui-dev] ANN: ParaGUI Bindings

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: [rgui-dev] ANN: ParaGUI Bindings
Date: 20 Aug 2002 15:26:39 -0600

give a hand to Leon Torres! thanks to him it looks like we will soon
will have Ruby bindings to ParaGUI, one of are primary target backends.

check it out:

http://www.rubygui.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GUtopIa_GL

my personal opinion is that a GUI like ParaGUI is really the future of
GUI's, in that it is implemented on top of a 3D engine (OpenGL via SDL)
the radical improvemnts in 3D accelerator technologies have yet to be
truly tapped by general purpose GUIs, yet for full-out multimedia
interfaces this will eventually have to become the norm. so ParaGUI/SDL
represent GUtopIa's future. with possible/eventual additions like a
themes and behaviors managers it may even become possible to emulate the
look & feel of native platforms. although this is a ways off, as of yet,
and currently our target for native integration is wxWindows, i for one
look foward to playing with ParaGUI bindings and integrating them into
GUtopIa as soon as we are able!

it's simply awesome to have our ParaGUI future that muich closer at
hand.

Thanks Leon!

--
~transami