gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] Clairvoyance

From: Leon Torres
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] Clairvoyance
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

On 28 Aug 2002, Tom Sawyer wrote:

> Ruby-wise is "RubyTk". and i have talked to Kero about making it tightly
> integrated with the GUtopIa API, such the Ruby-Wise's API *IS* GutopIa's
> API and vice-versa. so your code below would indeed follow, so to speak,
> but like i said the GUtopIa part won't be going anywhere.

I was exaggerating and being idealistic. :) I'm sure gutopia will exist
beyond its expected lifetime. The future is hard to predict though, and
wise might or might not end up dominating by virtue of its simplicity.
Yet, legacy is a potent force. I guess we should leave it to the future
to decide for us what the ultimate connection will be.

- Leon