gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] Re: [rgui-user] project proposal

From: Massimiliano Mirra
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] Re: [rgui-user] project proposal
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:18:54 +0100

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 02:13:12PM +0100, Thorsten Roggendorf wrote:
> If it turns out that CLIs can be brought in with just minor design
> changes, fine. Bring them in. But don't adapt everything to an
> obsolete technology.

Cool.  I'd be very interested in knowing what `obsolete' means to you.
Being easy to use?  Watching television doesn't make reading and
writing obsolete.  Being wide spread?  Millions of motor scooters
don't make Harley Davidsons obsolete.

Things have their place.  Lots of people wouldn't trade the CLI for a
GUI if you paid them to, and rightly so.  If your preference goes to
GUI, that's fine, and there's no need to justify it with
(questionable) arguments about other means.

Massimiliano