gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] Re: language pack questions

From: Zero
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] Re: language pack questions
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:05:40 GMT

Hi Laci,

I'm very happy to learn that you are interested by translating GWhere in hungarian. Someone started the translation of GWhere in hungarian but I lost contact with him. I enclosed his hu.po file. You can continue his translation or restart it from 0. As you want.

I looked inside the po file and after that i have few questions:
- there is an X char long english string. may the translated string longer than
X?
If you ask if your translated string (in Hungarian) can have a length bigger than the original string (in English), I answer yes.

- if i translate version 0.0.26 it can easily used by 0.1.0 ?
Even if the hu.po file have the Project-Id 0.0.26, this is the hu.po file of the version 0.1.2.
If you have furter question don't hesitate!!
Regards,
Zero
Main author,
GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org