gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] plugin for mpc files (audio)

From: Zero - GWhere
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] plugin for mpc files (audio)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:35:25 +0200

Hi Raphaël and list,

> As I told to Zero two or three month ago, I  made a plugin to get
> informations from mpc files (mpeg+). More precisely, I only modified the
> original decoder source (which is LGPL) to get informations proprely, from
> the id3tags and ape tags, and informations on the encoding.
> I tested it standalone, but I didn't tried to make it work with Gwhere.
> Some parts of the source are C++, so you'll have to use g++ to compile it
> (and it has the extern "C" {} stuff ).
> Sorry for the ugliness of the source (lots of global vars), but it comes from
> the orignal decoder...
> The mpc.c and mppdec.h (necessary) can be found here :
> http://marinier.raphael.free.fr/gwhere
Thank you very much for your plugin!!
I will try to integrate it in GWhere. I think I will must to port the
C++ code to C code. I keep you informed.
When the plugin will be integrated in GWhere, I will need to do some
tests. Thus I will ask you if you can do them because I haven't any mpc
files. :-)

Thanks again for your contribution!!

Yours,
Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org