gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] Encoding under Windows and Linux

From: fuzzy2
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] Encoding under Windows and Linux
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:13:51 +0400 (MSD)

Hello everybody.
I am using GWhere 0.2.1 under Windows XP SP2 and Mandriva Linux 2006
simultaneously. Program is very fine and fast, but I have a problem (I hope
somebody already solve it, but I can't find solution in archive).
I live in Russia, so I have discs with files named using (at least) 2 languates
- English and Russian. I created a catalog under Linux and added some discs
into it. After this I have successfully read this catalog under Windows and
also added some discs into it. One disc with russian description and file names
(encoding cp1251) was added under Windows and now I can see it normally only
under Windows. When I open catalog under Linux, I see only "?" instead of every
russian letter. Also when I try to add russian text under Linux I can't do it -
program simply doesn't display any russian character that I typed on keyboard.
I suppose that I have to say GWhere what font and encoding to use, but I don't
know how to do it. Could anybody give me advice how to see russian letters in
GWhere under Linux? (Russian descriptions were included in catalog under
Windows and I can see it under Windows).
Thank you in advance.