gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] re:What format is the catalog file? (Perl Whore

From: Perl Whore
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] re:What format is the catalog file? (Perl Whore)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 07:13:36 +0530

Thanks for the info. I read it with perl, converted to hex and removed
the header and was able to read the rest as text.

Incase anyone else is trying to do the same thing, you can use the
following code.
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $read = '';

open CATALOG, '<','file.ctg';
$read .= $_ while <CATALOG>;
close CATALOG;

$read = unpack 'h*',$read;
$read =~ s/f1b880000000000000b00004f7fb08//;
$read = pack 'h*',$read;

print $read;

- rot