gwm-general

[Gwm-general] tracking gnu documentation.

From: Guylhem P Aznar
Subject: [Gwm-general] tracking gnu documentation.
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:12:38 +0100

Hello,

Could someone help me writing a web application that securely stores in
a file some information, and let people retrieve it?

It sounds very simple - let me explain : authors should be able to
maintain a metadata reference to their documentation, where they would
give for example the title, the keywords, the latest URL, additional
documentation they suggest, license (...) in a standardised way.

This metadata would be linked to a single key, for ex GWM-EN-HTML-1
would point to the 1st registered document in english, written in html.
Using a (gnu.org/tracking.php?id=GWM-EN-HTML-1 for ex) url, readers
could check if a newer version or a translated version is available, the
original URL, or just browse the metadata content.

Using a different URL, authors could update this metadata
(login/password)

I can write such an application in php/mysql (in fact I run some test
and I was satisfied by the way it worked), but the GNU machine
where it is supposed to run does not have any sql or php.

And you guess I don't know perl and text based database seem scary ;-)

--
/¯¯¯¯|  |¯| |¯|  |¯/¯¯¯| Guylhem P. Aznar         {7un.com;7un.org,externe.net}
 ¯¯| |  | | | |  | |¯| | (@oeil.qc.ca>>@metalab.unc.edu>>address@hidden)
  ¯| |  | |_| |  | | | | FR,EN,ES,DK http://7un.org/geekcode http://7un.org/gpg
   |_|  |_____|  |_| |_| Smørrebrød er ikke Mad, og Kierlighed er ikke Had...