gwm-general

[Gwm-general] strata hark

From: David Glass
Subject: [Gwm-general] strata hark
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:49:41 +0200

By the crown of the Jeddak, he muttered, has the fellow escaped?
Could it be that my wild hopewas to be realized? On Mars, my earthly muscles permitted me to jump to extraordinaryheights.
Then I leaned out as far as I could and looked up.
With the utmost caution, I entered the level above. I am trembling so, she said; they will reach us before I can openit. I commenced to realize the sort of world that theblind and the deaf must live in. I moved on; I encircled the room and came to the door again. Did you think I was never going to return, John Carter?
I could see the sill above me, because a faint light was coming fromthe room beyond it.
It was not to save my life that I promised, she said.
With the utmost caution, I entered the level above. We had come to the end of the passage,and she was standing at the door.
It was a blinding light to one whose eyes had become accustomed to thetotal darkness of the cell. Immediately I dropped to the floor of my cell andwent and stood by the door, listening.
I leaped for the beam directly above the door; and crouching there likea beast of prey, I waited. At least, Ul Vas thinks that only thosethree know of it; but I know.
I had no time to waste on such matters then. Make no sound,Ozara, I whispered; I have come to save you. As I entered the room, Ozara came close to me and placed her hands uponmy breast. There were left to me then, only the senses of taste and smell andtouch.
So you werent killed after all, commented the warrior. So you werent killed after all, commented the warrior.
The alarm has been raised and warriors are almost at the door, Icalled to them. She was trembling, and her voice was trembling as she spoke.
I called to him; she isalone on the ship with Gar Nal. Hes got her locked up; shell be killed, too.
Make no sound,Ozara, I whispered; I have come to save you.
I had forgotten what a spectacle I must present, I said. Great was my relief as I drew the bar and admitted the slave girl. Then I went out and closed and locked the door ofthe cell after me. Zanda must have learned by this time from Dejah Thoris that I was JohnCarter, Prince of Helium.