gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: 18th and other

From: b . fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] Re: 18th and other
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:13:50 +0200 (MEST)

(Redirecting this to gzz-dev. I hope nobody minds: it's really a Gzz
community issue. Therefore citing Tuomas' last mail in its entirety, at the
bottom
of this mail.)

> Hmm, what are the pros and cons of each?

arch seems really good, once you get past the information-devoid web page to
the manual (http://www.regexps.com/src/docs.d/arch/html/introduction.html).

> But maybe we should first set up CVS right *NOW* and then think about
> moving
> to something else?

I wouldn't be against giving arch a try now, because it fits really well
with us:
  * Global identities for files and revisions
  * All repositories on the 'net are conceptually one

(You can have your own local repository and merge it back with the global
one, if the global one doesn't work, if I understand correctly.)

Why, if we ever want to attach Zz data to our source files, here's a truly
good foundation for it. What it's missing seems to be xanalogical media to
link to ;-)

- Benja

http://www.regexps.com/labnotes/devo-meta-x/view-topic/ArchRevCtl/IntroTopic